Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 3, 2012

You're not alone

   So I was checking on my page view numbers (couldn't resist) and I saw that this blog is being read all over the world and I have reached over 1,000 page views. I am so flattered and honored that you guys keep reading my blog. You are the best!
   But while I was doing a happy dance for my blog, I realized exactly what this means. People all over the world are uniting and reading my blog because of one thing: we all have Asperger's Syndrome. I remember when I was first told about my Asperger's at the age of thirteen. I was terrified and there seemed to be nobody to turn to, since Asperger's had only become an "official" diagnosis in 1994. Suffice it to say, nobody really knew about Asperger's and it was lumped together with other syndromes.
    It was never easy. In fact, there were times I seriously considered giving up. I would be sick of people not understanding and others who turned their noses up at me. But through it all, I decided to stay strong, like you should, and make the best of my situation.
   Looking at my page views today, I realized I wasn't and never have been alone. There are people out there just like me. We all have simliar stories because they have lived through the exact same situations that I have.
   Aspies: you are not alone. I know it may be hard now, but believe in yourself. There will come a day when all is put right. In the meantime, remember that you are not alone. We are all here to support you and we feel what you feel. We will always have each other's back, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment