Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 25, 2012

What makes you... Aspies!

   Before all the male Aspies out there groan with the "I-hate-this-song" undertones, let me explain.  One Direction (for those of you who don't know) is a new British boy band whose songs have become pretty popular. Their biggest hit is called "What makes you Beautiful".
  While the song gets old pretty fast with guys (and some girls), I think that it could also be directed to the Aspies from the world in general. Yes, I have heard that they are supposed to be for a girl, but this can apply to all Aspies. Just look at the lyrics:
You're insecure
Don't know what for

   To some extent, most people are insecure, but with Aspies it is pretty much social insecurity that really gets us . The song continues:
I don't know why
You're being shy
And turn away when I look into your eyes

    Okay, if there is honestly a line more geared towards Aspies, let me know, because this I find to be undeniably true. Looking into someone's eyes as an Aspie feels like we are being robbed of our privacy that we so value. However , the most important lines Aspies really need to remember are these next ones:
Baby, you light up my world like nobody else...
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know you're beautiful

   What Aspies really need to remember is that even in our darkest hour, we are beautiful. We are what the world may need the most of all. It is a true gift, what we have, and we shouldn't waste it. Keep in mind that one day we are the people who will light the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment