Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Aspie Buddies!

     Today,  in honor of my best friend's birthday, I'm going to do a whole post on the importance of having friends with Asperger's.

     I, personally, was bullied to the extreme in grade school, especially in seventh grade.  I'm not going to say what the bullies did to me just so nobody does the same thing to another person, ever.  Yes, it was really bad.  Then, I met my best friend at an Asperger's conference.  Oddly enough, we didn't hit it off right away, but over the Twilight movie, we had an instant bond and have been really close ever since.

     It is really important, in my opinion, that Aspies have another friend who is also an Aspie.  You can stick together and understand one another even if other people don't.  For example, when I met my best friend, I had lost all the friends I had ever gained.  I was devastated and never wanted another friend.  My best friend changed all of that.  I can always go to her with problems and she knows she can come to me for anything.

     An Aspie friend changed my life.  I hope you can find one who will change yours.

     This was originally posted on confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on December 23, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment