Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why Aspies are Good Teachers

     I teach swim lessons at my club, and recently I was thinking about how Aspies make good teachers.  I mean, who hasn't had a mean teacher who doesn't understand the way you roll?  I know that I have had my fair share of teachers like that.

     I think that is why Aspies make such good teachers.  I mean, we all want that teacher who is understanding and kind and knows how to deal with us.  Personally, I try to live by the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have done unto you," so I try to teach like the teacher I want to have.  For example, I have a little girl in my class who refuses to put her head underwater.  I try very hard to talk her into it and to help her not be afraid.  Slowly but surely, she is starting to go under.  I listen to her fears and talk her through it and literally hold her hand as she does just that.

     That is the kind of thing I do and I think that's why Aspies make such good teachers.  We try to be the teacher we never had.

     Originally posted at confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on June 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment