Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 25, 2012

"You Wanna Be a Loser Like Me"

     Please, do not think less of me because of this.  I know that some people think Glee is so weird, but it's actually kind of good.

     Anyway, I know that this may seem like a strange title, but believe me, it has a point.  Aspies are not losers, but a lot of people call us that.  Believe me, I've lost track of the number of times I was called a "loser."

   If you listen to the song, "Loser Like Me," it talks about how a person may be teasing someone, but in the end, they don't really win.  For example, when one of the characters sings:

You push me up against the locker

But all I do is shake it off

I'll get you back when I'm your boss

     And that character is right.  Aspies should take advice from this song.  Being mean doesn't get you anywhere in life, and us Aspies are going to see these mean people again, but they won't be as formidable.  My mom's friend, who went to high school with her, told how 20 years after high school, one Christmas, she was waited on in a store by the mean and popular girl who had made their high school years unbearable.  The girl had been part of the wealthiest families in town in high school and she made sure everyone knew it.  Now, she was working in a store just like everyone else.

     So when someone calls you a loser, just remember, someday they are going to wish they had been a "loser" like you because you will rock the world.

     Originally posted at confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on April 21, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment