Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Grateful For...Asperger's!

     As it is that time of year again, I am beginning to think about what I am grateful for.  One of the things on my list is the fact that I have Asperger's.

     Some people are surprised to hear me say this, but it is so true.  Yes, it brings difficulty, but it is also part of who I am as a person. I cannot imagine being without my obsessions, my social difficulties and the true friends whom I have who can see past all of my outward social awkwardness and know who I am on the inside.  Without Asperger's, I'd never know who to trust.

     My Asperger's is also something my parents are grateful for.  Once, my mom saw another teenage girl embarrassing her mother at a movie theater, even publically screaming at her mom about something silly.  My mom was grateful she didn't have that daughter.

     Asperger's has totally changed my life.  I hope it's changing yours and you're grateful for it.  You are truly blessed.

     To my Christian readers: Happy Christmas Eve!

     This was originally posted on confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on December 24, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment