Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Socializing Through Charity

     A couple of days ago, my mother and I volunteered at our local soup kitchen.  I always like doing those sorts of things because they make me feel blessed afterwords, and I always look forward to them as social opportunities.

     See, the people there you must socialize with.  You have no choice, one absolutely must figure out what people need and what they want.  The people there usually smile and thank you for what you do.  It makes their lives easier and it gives you a new social opportunity.  It really does work.  You are forced to talk to people, to ask them what they want and to generally make their day better.  You will really feel good about it later as well.  That is always the best part.

     I would suggest Aspies try your hand at volunteering.  It's an opportunity and it's really rewarding.

     Originally posted at confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on June 9, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment