Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Aspie Support Group

     Sometimes, when I'm upset, I find myself looking back on the years I was a victim of bullying and remembering how I used to wish someone, anyone, would have held out their hand to support me, to tell me I wasn't alone.  That I was cared about.

     When I began making friends with other Aspies, I realized how my story was a lot like theirs.  They, too, wanted someone to talk to during those rough times.  One Aspie told me how he didn't really have friends until he met me.

     That was when I came up with an idea:  an Aspie support group.  A group of Aspies, or maybe just two, who are friends.  You can call them at any time about anything that is bothering you, and they will listen and help you through it.  You do the same for them as well.  When I tried this for myself, I did not anticipate what would happen.  That we would all become very close and tight friends who are always there for one another and will stick up for each other if need be.  They are my soul siblings and I don't know what I would do without them.

     Try to get yourself an Aspie who will support you.  You will be surprised how much they care for you, just like I was.

     Originally posted at confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on November 27, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment