Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 25, 2012

It All Means Something...And Yet Nothing to Me

     Wow.  I have a thing for song lyrics.  This is again from the movie Tarzan:


     It all means something...and yet nothing to me.

     In this song, Tarzan is singing about how all of these things that are new to him, that he'd never seen before, mean something to everyone else, but nothing to him.  He is slowly learning though.

     Aspies are also a lot like the Tarzan in that respect.  No, we are not raised by gorillas, silly!  I'm talking about the Aspie quirk where we don't understand people's facial expressions.  I mean, it's a maze with no way out.  It is incredibly confusing, am I right?

     Although I cannot give you an outright guide for reading facial expressions, (how I wish), I can give you a tip.  If someone doesn't seem themselves, or if they act like something's up, ask them what's up, or what's wrong.  They'll usually tell you.  If they don't, don't press them.

     Though you may not understand, you can try to.  And people will appreciate it when you try to reach out. They really do.

     Originally published at confessionsofateenageaspie@wordpress.com on February 12, 2011.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment